1. General Information on the Collection of Personal Data
a) We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data during the use of our website; we therefore use your personal data in accordance with statutory data protection regulations. Personal data includes any information that might concern you, e.g. name, address, email address and user behaviour. We would like to inform you below about how we use your personal data.
b) The “data controller” within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, ITW España,S.A. e ITW Metal Fasteners, S.L.U., Am Pulverhäuschen 7, D–67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn. You can get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org / gdpr@ itwfasteners.com or by writing to “der Datenschutzbeauftragte” at the postal address stated above.
c) If you are under the age of 16, please ask your parent/guardian for permission before providing ITW Fastener Products GmbH with personal data.
2. The Collection of Personal Data during Visits to our Website
a) In principle, you can visit our website without telling us who you are. However, as tends to happen on almost every website, the server that hosts our website (hereinafter referred to as the “web server”), will automatically collect your information during your visit. This data is technically necessary for us to ensure the stability and security of the Website.
We regularly analyse these server logs in an anonymised format for statistical purposes (click stream analysis), so that we can establish how our website is used. We then use these findings to optimise our Website.
We might also use this information alongside your Internet provider and/or local authorities in cases of system misuse, in order to identify the perpetrator.
b) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the site that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.aa) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see bb)
– Persistent cookies (see cc).
bb) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
cc) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
dd) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this Website.
c) Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”; these are text files that are saved on your computer and allow us to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by cookies on your use of this website is usually transferred and saved on a Google server in the USA. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, however, Google will firstly abbreviate your IP address before transferring data within Member Sates of the European Union or other Contracting States to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Your IP address will only be transferred to a Google server and then abbreviated afterwards in exceptional circumstances. Google uses this information on behalf of the website operator to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activities and provide the website operator with other services related to the use of the website and Internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser using Google Analytics will not be collated with other data held by Google.
(3) You can stop cookies from being saved at any time by changing your browser settings; however, we would like to point out that you may not be able to fully use all the features on this website if cookies are deactivated. You can also stop usage data generated by cookies (including your IP address) from being transferred to Google for processing by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means IP addresses are abbreviated before processing, making personal identification impossible. If you can be identified through the data collected on you, this identification will be immediately ruled out and your personal data will be deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and make regular improvements. The statistics we obtain allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. Personal data may be transferred to the USA in exceptional circumstances; however, Google is committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). We will use Google Analytics on the basis of Article 6(1) (f) of the GDPR.
(1) We use Google Maps on this website to show you integrated and interactive maps and let you comfortably use the maps feature.
(2) When you visit our website, Google will be informed that you have accessed a particular subpage. The data described in Section 2 above will also be transmitted. This will happen regardless of whether you are logged in to a Google account. If you are logged in to a Google account, your data will be directly matched to your account. If you do not want your data to be matched to your account, you will have to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as a user profile and uses it to create advertising, conduct market research and tailor the design of its website to users’ needs. Personal data (even concerning users who are not logged in) is especially analysed to create relevant advertising and inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of user profiles, which you may exercise by contacting Google.
(3) You can read the plug-in provider’s own Privacy Statement to find out more about the purpose and scope of its data collection and processing. This will also give you more information on your relevant rights and possible settings to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your data in the USA and is therefore committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
If you get in touch with us via email, we will save the data you share (email@example.com), in order to respond to your enquiry. We will delete any data obtained in this manner as soon as its storage is no longer necessary, or we will restrict processing if statutory retention periods prevent such erasure.
3. Legal Basis for Data Processing
We will process your personal data on the basis of Article 6(1) (f) of the GDPR.
We provide this website to present our company and the range of products offered in this sector of our business. Our website also lets interested customers get in touch with us. We have a legitimate interest in providing all visitors to our website with an information and communication platform.
You have no fundamental obligation to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that your personal data may need to be processed for you to visit our website and/or use the services we offer.
We will not make any decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which have legal ramifications or a similarly adverse effect on you.
4. Your Rights
You may assert the following rights against us in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR:
• Right of access;
• Right to rectification;
• Right to the restriction of processing;
• Right to erasure / the right to be forgotten;
• Right to data portability;
• Right to object to data processing.
If your consent is required for the processing of personal data, you may revoke your consent with future effect at any time. This shall not affect the legality of our data processing carried out with your consent before your revocation.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights listed above, you can get in touch with us whenever you like at: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, ITW España,S.A. e ITW Metal Fasteners, S.L.U., Am Pulverhäuschen 7, D–67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn.
If you believe we are unlawfully processing your data, please get in touch with us at: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, FAO: der Datenschutzbeauftragte, Am Pulverhäuschen 7, D–67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn. You may also contact a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. The local competent Supervisory Authority is:
We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary. Your personal data will be deleted within 30 days at the latest.
6. Location of Data Processing
ITW Fastener Products GmbH, ITW España,S.A. e ITW Metal Fasteners, S.L.U. will process your data exclusively within a Member State of the European Union or another Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
7. Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data collected in relation to your use of the website will be processed by our commissioned service provider, who is based in the EU and in charge of our data centre.
8. Security Measures
Whenever we forward data to our service provider within the scope of the services described above, this information will be subject to the mandatory statutory provisions and our own contractually agreed data protection requirements.
We implement security measures and constantly optimise these in line with technical and legal developments, in order to protect your data as much as possible against accidental and intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorised third-party Access.
9. Links to other Websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to other Providers.
We have no control over other operators’ compliance with data protection regulations and cannot take any responsibility for the accuracy, relevance or completeness of the information they provide.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our guidelines on data protection and cookies, please get in touch with us via the data controller, whose contact details can be found in Section 1 of this Privacy Statement.
As the Internet develops so quickly, we occasionally have to amend our data protection regulations. You will be appropriately informed of any changes.