1. General Information on the Collection of Personal Data
a) We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data during the use of our website; we therefore use your personal data in accordance with statutory data protection regulations. Personal data includes any information that might concern you, e.g. name, address, email address and user behaviour. We would like to inform you below about how we use your personal data.
b) The “data controller” within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, ITW España,S.A. e ITW Metal Fasteners, S.L.U., Am Pulverhäuschen 7, D–67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn. You can get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com / gdpr@ itwfasteners.com or by writing to “der Datenschutzbeauftragte” at the postal address stated above.
c) If you are under the age of 16, please ask your parent/guardian for permission before providing ITW Fastener Products GmbH with personal data.
2. The Collection of Personal Data during Visits to our Website
a) In principle, you can visit our website without telling us who you are. However, as tends to happen on almost every website, the server that hosts our website (hereinafter referred to as the “web server”), will automatically collect your information during your visit. This data is technically necessary for us to ensure the stability and security of the Website.
We regularly analyse these server logs in an anonymised format for statistical purposes (click stream analysis), so that we can establish how our website is used. We then use these findings to optimise our Website.
We might also use this information alongside your Internet provider and/or local authorities in cases of system misuse, in order to identify the perpetrator.
b) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the site that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.aa) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see bb)
– Persistent cookies (see cc).
bb) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
cc) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
dd) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this Website.
c) Google Analytics
If you have granted your consent, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google LLC. The responsible service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”).
Scope of the processing:
We use the ‘anonymizeIP’ function (so-called IP Masking): as a result of the activation of the IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the entire IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address forwarded as part of Google Analytics from your browser shall not be grouped together with other data of Google.
The following data, among other things, are collected during your visit to the website:
The pages you visit, your “click path”
Achievement of “website goals” (conversions, e.g. newsletter sign-ups, downloads and purchases)
Your user behaviour (e.g. clicks, dwell time and bounce rates)
Your approximate location (region)
Your IP address (in shortened form)
Technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g. language setting and screen resolution)
Your internet provider
The referrer URL (via which website/advertising medium you came to this website)
Processing purposes: By order of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use, rendered anonymous, of the website and compiling reports about website activity. The reports made available by Google Analytics are used to analyse the performance of our website.
The recipient of the data is
Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
in the capacity of processor. To that end we have entered into an order processing contract with Google. Google LLC, which has its registered office in California, USA, and, where applicable, US authorities, may access the data stored by Google.
Forwarding to third countries:
Forwarding data to third countries cannot be ruled out.
Storage period: The data sent by us and linked to Cookies are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data for which the retention period has been reached are automatically deleted once a month.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the Cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by
a. Not granting your consent to the setting of the Cookie or
b. Downloading and installing the browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics HERE.
You can also prevent the storage of Cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly. However, if you configure your browser to reject all Cookies, this may result in limited functionality on this and other websites.
The legal basis and withdrawal option for such data processing is your consent, Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Point a, GDPR. You can cancel your consent at any time with effect for the future by calling up the Cookie settings and changing your selection there.
(1) We currently use the following social media plugins: Facebook. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plugins. You can recognize the provider of the plugin by the initial letter or logo on the box. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plugin via the button. Only if you click on the marked field, thereby activating it, will the plugin provider be informed that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offering. In addition, the data mentioned under 2. of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after it is collected. By activating the plugin, personal data is therefore transmitted from you to the respective plugin provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data, in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, or the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plugin provider.
(4) The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plugin provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plugin provider, the data we collect from you will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plugin provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plugin provider will also save this information in your user account and publicly share it with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as you can then avoid such an assignment to your profile with the plugin provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plugin provider can be found in the privacy policies of these providers. There you will also find further information on your rights and settings to protect your privacy.
e) Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use Google Maps on this website to show you integrated and interactive maps and let you comfortably use the maps feature.
(2) When you visit our website, Google will be informed that you have accessed a particular subpage. The data described in Section 2 above will also be transmitted. This will happen regardless of whether you are logged in to a Google account. If you are logged in to a Google account, your data will be directly matched to your account. If you do not want your data to be matched to your account, you will have to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as a user profile and uses it to create advertising, conduct market research and tailor the design of its website to users’ needs. Personal data (even concerning users who are not logged in) is especially analysed to create relevant advertising and inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of user profiles, which you may exercise by contacting Google.
(3) You can read the plug-in provider’s own Privacy Statement to find out more about the purpose and scope of its data collection and processing. This will also give you more information on your relevant rights and possible settings to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your data in the USA and is therefore committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
If you get in touch with us via email, we will save the data you share (firstname.lastname@example.org), in order to respond to your enquiry. We will delete any data obtained in this manner as soon as its storage is no longer necessary, or we will restrict processing if statutory retention periods prevent such erasure.
3. Social Media
We maintain publicly accessible profiles on various social networks. Your visit to these profiles triggers a variety of data processing operations. In the following, we will give you an overview of your personal data that we collect, use, and store when you visit our profiles. Personal data is information that can be assigned to you as a specific person (e.g. name, age, address, photos, e-mail addresses, and possibly also IP addresses). Furthermore, we inform you about the rights you have with us with regard to the processing of your personal data. You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, this may be necessary for certain individual functionalities on our social network profiles. If you do not provide us with your personal data, these functionalities will not be available to you or will only be available to a limited extent.
3.2 Information on the collection of personal data
a) The Data Controller within the meaning of section 4 paragraph 7 of the GDPR: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, Am Pulverhaeuschen 7, 67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn, Telefon: +49 (0)6303 805-0, Email: email@example.com.
b) The contact details of the Data Protection Officer are: firstname.lastname@example.org, or our postal address with the addition „att.: Data Protection Officer“.
c) If you visit our profiles on social networks, we process the following personal data: Last name, first name, residence, phone no., Email address. We process this data for contact purposes. The legal basis for the processing of this data is section 6 paragraph 1 lit. (b) of the GDPR.
d) If you use our profiles on social networks to contact us (e.g. by making your own posts, reacting to one of our posts, or by sending us private messages), the data you provide us with Last name, first name, residence, phone no., Email address will be processed by us exclusively for the purpose of contacting you. The legal basis for data collection is therefore Section 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a) and b) of the GDPR. We delete stored data 6 months after completion of the application process, as soon as its storage is no longer necessary or as soon as you request that we delete it; in the case of statutory storage obligations, we will restrict the processing of the stored data accordingly.
e) We transmit your personal data within the scope of what is permitted under Section 6 Paragraph 1 of the GDPR to internal units within the Company.
4. Legal Basis for Data Processing
Consent (Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Point a., GDPR) – the data subject has given his/her consent to the processing of personal data relating to him/her for a specific purpose or purposes.
Execution of a contract and pre-contractual enquiries (Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Point b., GDPR) – processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject’s request.
Legal obligation (Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Point c., GDPR) – processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
Legitimate interests (Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Point f., GDPR) – the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
We provide this website to present our company and the range of products offered in this sector of our business. Our website also lets interested customers get in touch with us. We have a legitimate interest in providing all visitors to our website with an information and communication platform.
You have no fundamental obligation to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that your personal data may need to be processed for you to visit our website and/or use the services we offer.
We will not make any decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which have legal ramifications or a similarly adverse effect on you.
5. Your Rights
You may assert the following rights against us in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR:
• Right of access;
• Right to rectification;
• Right to the restriction of processing;
• Right to erasure / the right to be forgotten;
• Right to data portability;
• Right to object to data processing.
If your consent is required for the processing of personal data, you may revoke your consent with future effect at any time. This shall not affect the legality of our data processing carried out with your consent before your revocation.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights listed above, you can get in touch with us whenever you like at: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, ITW España,S.A. e ITW Metal Fasteners, S.L.U., Am Pulverhäuschen 7, D–67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn.
If you believe we are unlawfully processing your data, please get in touch with us at: ITW Fastener Products GmbH, FAO: der Datenschutzbeauftragte, Am Pulverhäuschen 7, D–67677 Enkenbach-Alsenborn. You may also contact a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. The local competent Supervisory Authority is:
We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary. Your personal data will be deleted within 30 days at the latest.
7. Location of Data Processing
ITW Fastener Products GmbH, ITW España,S.A. e ITW Metal Fasteners, S.L.U. will process your data exclusively within a Member State of the European Union or another Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
8. Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data collected in relation to your use of the website will be processed by our commissioned service provider, who is based in the EU and in charge of our data centre.
9. Security Measures
Whenever we forward data to our service provider within the scope of the services described above, this information will be subject to the mandatory statutory provisions and our own contractually agreed data protection requirements.
We implement security measures and constantly optimise these in line with technical and legal developments, in order to protect your data as much as possible against accidental and intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorised third-party Access.
10. Links to other Websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to other Providers.
We have no control over other operators’ compliance with data protection regulations and cannot take any responsibility for the accuracy, relevance or completeness of the information they provide.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our guidelines on data protection and cookies, please get in touch with us via the data controller, whose contact details can be found in Section 1 of this Privacy Statement.
As the Internet develops so quickly, we occasionally have to amend our data protection regulations. You will be appropriately informed of any changes.